Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Started the process

SO if you read my last post you will see I am working on a new project. I am currently in the pre-production stages of a documentary. I would rather not say what it is about right now, but it does have to do with the church and youth. I have a lot of research to do before I even begin writing. I am super excited about this and am ready to see what comes of it.
As I was doing some research today I began thinking about how Sunday School and Youth Ministry used to be. A question cam e to my head. What will the the next flannelgraph be? What in youth ministry will fade away like the flannelgraph has? Any thoughts. It's kind of weird to think about, but you know it has to be something that we are using today in youth ministries everywhere, but what is it? Let me know what you think.

SNYDER

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I ask myself this question everyday. I have a lot of different thoughts but no evidence or proof to back it up.

Maybe video. Everyone can make and produce and publish (youtube for example) anything they want. Video doesn't hold a sacred place of WOWing an audience anymore. Maybe.

Maybe services. With technology there will soon be no more distance or language barriers. Maybe one day we will figure out how to effectively have Biblical community and discipleship without everyone coming to one place at one time. Then those who don't drive and extra curricular activities wouldn't be an issue for us youth pastors anymore. Maybe.

Anonymous said...

there is something to be said about the gathering and fellowship of christians with one another, not to mention that it's biblical, so I sure hope it isn't services.


It's real easy to get caught up in the "what can I do to WOW" and catch everyone's attention, but honestly, everything goes in cycles, and personally I'd like to see a move towards getting back to basics, but maybe that's just me...