Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sean Sutton out as men's head basketball coach at Oklahoma State

No, this is not an April Fool's joke. Everyone in sports is reporting this. Why they (OSU) took so long to announce this is odd. I feel like a lot of people had a feeling this was coming. I have head that a lot of people (OSU higher ups) were against this hire before his father Eddie retired, but Eddie used his position to get OSU to name his son head coach designate. It is sad that the Sutton era at OSU is coming to a close, but I am very excited about this. I was against Sean being the coach when they announced he would take over. I am very excited for what the future of OSU basketball looks like. Eddie was able to build such an amazing program in over 16 years as head coach while it only took a little over 2 years for Sean to destroy it. I am looking forward to see what happens in the next few weeks as OSU looks to hire an excellent coach who has had some head coaching experience unlike Sean. Here is the short list that I have heard so far.
1. Kansas Head coach Bill Self. He was a former OSU point guard, his wife was captain of the cheerleading squad. They were there in the 80's. Also, Coach Self is from my hometown of Edmond, OK and his mother-in-law was my Grandfathers secretary when he was a Oklahoma County Commissioner.
2. Kentucky head coach Billy Gillispe.
3. Former college coach and NBA coach Lon Kruger

Being that we have the deep pockets of T. Boone Pickens, all of these candidates are great possibilities. That's why there is a chance Bill Self would leave Kansas to return to his Alma Mater. It is a stretch, but it is a possibility.
What are your thoughts.

SNYDER

No comments: