Friday, May 23, 2008

Tech in Youth Ministry

How are you using tech and social networking in your ministry?
Are you using Facebook or Myspace or Twitter?
Do you have a blog set up for your ministry? What online tools are you giving to your students?
Do you use YouVersion or suggest it to your students?
How do you use video and other media tools in your ministry?
The more you use tech and and the web and all these gadgets do you tend to find them to be a hindrance or a help in relational ministry?
What do you provide online for your students?
These are some questions I think you need to ask yourself and evaluate. Technology, if used right, is such a great way to reach your students. Use it.

SNYDER

2 comments:

Adam Young said...

I try to use whatever it is that my students use. If they like facebook, forget what I think, I am on facebook. We have to go to the students, not wait for them to come to us.

But I would recommend something I am getting into and about to try. It's ning.com. Its a place where you can create your OWN social networking site. I am thinking about doing it for my student ministry.

Here are some great examples of what ning.com can do:

20somethings.ning.com - a networking place for 20 something bloggers.
elementfuse.ning.com - a networking site for local house churches to come together and support one another.

John Snyder said...

Adam, Thanks for the comment. You are so right about going where they are. ning.com looks interesting. Let me know how it goes