Thursday, May 22, 2008

In Youth Ministry do we tend to be anti-family?

How are you accommodating the families of your students?
How are you including families?
Is your Youth Ministry family based? If so how is that working for you?
Do the parents know what is going on in your ministry?
What resources do you have available for parents?
How are you creating shared experiences for students and their parents?

These are just some questions I think as a ministry we should be asking ourselves. Any thoughts? Other ideas?

SNYDER

2 comments:

Adam Young said...

Man, that is so tough. The biggest struggle I have is getting families involved. Especially parents. Too often they believe the lies. 1- my kids don't want their parents around. 2 - I am too old to do youth ministry. 3- They think it's my job to disciple their students and don't see it as their responsibility.

I wish I had more parents involved!

John Snyder said...

Why is it so hard to get parents involved?