Monday, October 22, 2007

Went to YS yesterday and my head almost exploded

Why did it almost explode you might be asking? I went to a workshop by a guy who use to be in the advertising department for Porsche. He now is a pastor. He was talking about how we always hear you can can change the method, but not the message. He explained to us how this is a lie. If you change the method then you are changing the mesage. It was really interesting, and I am still trying to put it all together. He said he had a rally tough time deciding to podast his messages at his church. He was talking to Rob Bell about this and Rob said that he is having a tough time with his sermon's being podcasted. Rob's are downloaded close to 100,000 times every week. Rob said it's great that people are getting the message, but he believes that it is taking away form the beauty of the local church. I see what he is saying and how this makes sense when you say if you change the method then you are changing the message. I still need to explore this some more, but I really like what he was saying.

SNYDER

No comments: