Monday, March 10, 2008

Where does the time go

This last year has flown by, and it has been crazy.  You can read about it here.  Every once in a while I have to relive what has happened in the last year because people ask and want to hear all the details.  It really was a crazy year.  I know that people aren't perfect and because of that churches will not be perfect, but they should still represent Christ behind the scenes, and treat staff with dignity and respect.  As you can tell I am still struggling with this.  I would love some prayer in this area.   Anyways, I write this post because I had to explain the whole Oklahoma, job, story again this weekend.  Don't get me wrong I love sharing the story with people, but it does rehash some stuff.  I definitely learned a lot and would not trade the experience for that reason, but am so glad that God took us away from that church.  It was not the right place for us.  And we realized that when we only attended because I was on staff.  That is also a great question to ask yourself if you are unsure of the place you are in now.  We are in a much better place now.  Yes, South Orange County is amazing, but Mariner's Church is our new home.  After everything that happened in Oklahoma I was very skeptical of churches, and if you know my story you know why.  It took me about 2 months to buy into our new church and I now love it.  
    If you are someone looking for a church job, please research it and  check things out thoroughly before you take a job.  I know this sounds like common sense, but sometimes excitement takes over.   If you read my blog and know me or want to know more about my story, you can find my email on my complete profile.    Sorry if this sounded like a journal entry, but I feel like it is a story that needs to be shared, to inspire, to motivate, to warn and to encourage.  I also tell everyone what happened and what we learned because I feel like it is good to not hold things in.  Some people might disagree, but thats okay.  Thanks for reading, don't hesitate to email.  

SNYDER

No comments: