Monday, January 7, 2008

2007, a crazy yet great year

2007 is gone, but will not be forgotten. Here is just a glimpse of what happened.
1) My 2 year internship at Saddleback Church came to an end.
2) I took a job as a Junior High Director at a church in Oklahoma. (that's where I'm from)
3) I bought my 1st house.
4) My wife, Mariah, and I got married in May in California. (that's where she is from)
5) Found out the church I was at was very unhealthy and not the place for my wife and I. I remember my pastor, Craig Groeschel, asking the question, "If you didn't work at the church would you make that your church home?" I knew about 2 months in the answer was no. We left the church in July. Although it was a disappointing experience for many reasons we did learn a lot. Kurt Johnston asked me, "As hard as it was, would you do it again or go through it again?" That is a tough question. We did learn a lot and it was a huge growing experience. It was definitely worth it.
6) In August my wife accepted a job as a junior high small groups coordinator at Mariners Church in Irvine, CA. This was the exact same job she had at Saddleback.
7) I accepted a job at Capo Valey Christian Schools in San Juan Capistrano, CA as the K-8th grade chaplain. I also teach yearbook and coach 5th and 6th grade girls basketball.
8) We sold our 1st house a month after it was on the market.
9) My grandfather passed away in September. Really hard time for our family.
10) Moved to Dana Point.

As you can see it was a crazy year. There were many things I learned about myself and other people. I know that 2008 is going to be even more incredible and will still be crazy, just not the way 2007 was. Thanks for reading my blog, my thoughts, my rants, and my heart.

SNYDER

3 comments:

kayla rae said...

Not sure if you've ever seen the list of things that bring stress...but in one year you have experienced ALL of the major ones such as new job, relocating, buying a home, loss of loved one etc. WOW!

However, I am super glad you guys are back in our part of town!

kayla rae said...

OOOPS...that first comment was from Kurt. I forgot that I'm on Kayla's computer! :)
How funny if she posted that response.

John Snyder said...

I thought wow Kayla is way smarter than I was in 8th grade. Then I realized she probably is anyways. Thanks Kurt. We really are glad to be back. Thanks for being there for us.