Saturday, August 25, 2007

Passion or Placement

So which one should churches go by. If a person has a passion for singles, but the executives feel like that person would be a better fit in Jr. High where do they put him or her. I know for a fact that at the church I just left they hired someone to be the 5th and 6th grade director. This person originally stated that they had no desire to hold that position. He actually applied for my position, Jr. High Director, because he has a passion for older students. The execs apparently felt like he would be better fit for the 5th and 6th graders. I am not sure which one is right, but if a person has no desire to lead in a certain position why hire someone to do it. My personal opinion is to put someone in a position they have a passion for. I feel like if you put someone in a position they don't have a passion for then it will just become a job rather than a ministry. I hope this isn't the case there, but I saw it a couple of other times. Let me know your opinion on this matter. Would you rather be placed in a position you have no passion for, but the execs feel you fit, or take a position that you have a passion for.

SNYDER

3 comments:

Drew said...

You're smart. There may be some instances where a church has to fill a position quickly, which would make sense to hire someone without a passion for it. But the church had better be ready to start up the interview process again real soon.

E.Money said...

I agree. Passion is your fuel to keep going!

Anonymous said...

Spiritual Gifts
HEART
Abilities
Personality
Experiences

We are called to minister using our God-given SHAPE.