Sunday, December 16, 2007

A sad day

Saddleback Church is losing one of its greatest leaders. Shaun Blakeney, the high school pastor, is moving, with his family, to Florida to be a student ministries pastor. He was one of the pastors who did our wedding. My wife and I are going to miss his family dearly. They were our Monday night hangout. They are great friends. I know God has awesome plans for them in Florida. It will be really tough not being able to hang out with them. As for who will be the next high school pastor at Saddleback, who knows. I have my guesses. The obvious one would be Doug Fields to come back and do it. Being that he doesn't speak as much in big church anymore because Rick is not traveling as much would make Doug a good bet. Also, because obviously, he was the high school pastor before. My other guess is a guy named Josh Griffin. Most people know him through his blog and his involvement with PDYM. Those are my only 2 inside guesses. For all I know they may be looking outside the church. Only time will tell, but odds are it will be one of these 2 guys. Shaun we will miss you.

SNYDER

1 comment:

Ryan said...

josh griffin is my guess